This is a Warning to Evacuate the Morongo Valley area.
Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now. Evacuation route is Hwy 62 east or west.
The evacuation is voluntary, however, it is recommended that residents build an evacuation plan in case of a mandatory evacuation.
Evacuation is the best option for persons to protect themselves.
Evacuees should bring:
• Wallet / Purse (including personal identification),
• House and car keys,
• Proper Clothing,
• Family pet(s), and
These supplies may need to last for an indefinite period of time. It is suggested that persons bring three days’ worth of personal supplies to meet their individual needs.
Persons who need additional assistance with special need should contact the American Red Cross Disaster Relief at (855) 891-7325.
More information will be released when known.
Official information may be found at:
• Local television and radio stations,
• The Morongo Valley CSD and Fire Department website https://morongocsd.specialdistrict.org/#/
• Facebook page Morongo Valley Firefighter Local 5028
• San Bernardino County Sheriff Department